Want something sweet, protein packed and tasty to have as a snack? Then look no further! This is such a quick and simple thing to make and can also be made vegan!
- 200g self- raising flour
- 50g protein (I used my protein impact whey in natural vanilla)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 45g peanut butter (pip and nut is the best, save some for the topping)
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp water and 2.5 tbsp chia seeds, leave to soak on side till nice and thick)
- 50ml oat milk
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp each Cinnamon, Allspice, Cloves and Ginger
- combine the chia and water and give a good stir. Leave for 5 minutes to thicken
- Mash the bananas to a paste
- bung all the ingredients in a bowl and give a good mix so that everything is well combinded (expect for 15g of peanut butter)
- put into a lined and greased loaf tin
- spoon the remaining peanut butter onto the top of the mixture and swirl to give a nice marbled pattern
- cook at 200°C (gas mark 6, 400°f) for 40-45 mins or untill a toothpick comes out clean
- allow to cool, slice up and enjoy!
This will give you about 10-15 slices, with one slice being 7.5-5g protein per slice (75g for the whole loaf).
This is a super tasty and quick snack to make and perfect for breakfast with some more peanut butter on top!
Let me know what you guys think of this! I personally love it!
Much love my babes,